You know we always have corn chips for our sampling and this morning I thought why not make up some breakfast nachos. We have my parents down for a visit and they are always up for something spicy and new. Easy to throw together with lots of protein to start the day off right and as we’ve said before those jalapeños are also good for you!
- A bag of your favorite corn chips, we like the scoop type
- 1 cup of shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup of diced ham
- 1 small green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced candied jalapeños
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and cooked
- 1-3 eggs, cooked sunny side up or to your preference
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. I used a cast iron skillet but a baking dish will work just fine, add a layer of the chips. Add half of the cheese and scatter about to get coverage on the chips. Place half of the bacon, ham, green onion, beans and candied jalapeños over the chips. Then repeat to add another layer. Place this in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. While this is in the oven heat up a skillet and cook up your eggs and season with salt and pepper. Once the eggs are cooked, remove the nachos from the oven and slide the egg on top.
Serve with salsa
There are so many different variations of nachos, BBQ, Greek Nachos and Pizza the list is endless but I must admit this one is a repeat for breakfast or any time!