2 large packages of wings, about 10 lbs. cut up into drumettes, wings, and tips
- 1 medium size bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 medium size jar of your favorite flavor of jelly (I have used grape, orange marmalade, and raspberry)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of chopped Campbell candied jalapeños or candied habaneros
Dry Rub Ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons of cornstarch
Enough cooking oil to deep fry wings
Lay wings on a paper towel and pat dry. Mix the dry rub ingredients in a plastic bag. Add wings to the dry rub bag and coat well. Spread out onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour. Add the sauce ingredients to a pan and turn heat to a low simmer, stirring as needed. After 1-hour of the wings being refrigerated, heat the oil in a deep heavy pan and slowly add the wings, frying until done. Drain on a paper towel. Into a crock pot add the fried wings and pour the sauce over the wings. Making sure all the wings are coated well. Turn the crock pot on low while serving.
Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing and celery sticks.